- Competitive salaries
- Generous vacation policy
- Health and dental benefits
- Pension plan (OMERS) with employer matched contributions
- Employee discount programs
- Group home and auto insurance program
- Staff recognition rewards
- Professional training & development
The Toronto Parking Authority, www.greenp.com, is a financially self-sustaining public corporation owned by the City of Toronto. It contributes significant revenues to the City's general reserves while successfully meeting its mandate to provide safe, attractive, conveniently located and competitively priced off and on-street public parking. Recognized as a world leader in parking technology services, the Parking Authority has been highly successful in supporting and contributing to the vibrancy and growth of businesses and residents in the communities it serves.
This is an exciting time to join the GreenP. It is a time of organizational change and renewal; a focus on finding new and better ways and on ensuring maximum value to our stakeholders. The transformation that is taking place at the GreenP involves changes to people, processes and technology.
Toronto Parking Authority strives to be a great place to work - collaborative, open, transparent, trusting, friendly and a fun workplace environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. We offer professional and organizational growth within a motivated team environment to share and co-create our vision. One of our long-term competitive advantages is the calibre of our people. We succeed because we attract, develop and reward people who have the passion to make a significant contribution to the continued growth of our business.
We offer competitive salaries, generous vacation policy, health and dental benefits, pension plan (OMERS) with employer matched contributions, employee discount programs, staff recognition rewards, professional training & development. Our head office is conveniently located downtown Toronto.
We are looking for a highly professional individual with a continuous improvement mindset and demonstrated leadership abilities. Must be proficient in ADP Workforce Now. The Payroll Specialist at the Toronto Parking Authority leads and manages all functions related to payroll, pension and employee benefits including administration, processing, distribution and disbursement of all wages, salaries, and employee benefit claims while ensuring compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements. The Payroll Specialist is expected to maintain all earnings and deductions are up-to-date and accurate and is responsible for coordinating and creating all payroll reports with a strong commitment to customer service.
Role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with employees and managers on benefits and policies.
- Support the administration of insurance benefits and pension plan for all employees
- Provide guidance on the healthcare benefits administration and plan design.
- Complete payment to various agencies, banks & government institution in accordance with policies and legal requirements.
- Perform reconciliations or payroll deduction & benefit accounts.
- Assist HR when possible, with respect to benefit administration
- Administer the OMERS payments for employees who are on a leave, as required.
- Prepare and submit monthly EHT report to Canada Revenue Agency as well as year-end reconciliation and reporting for WSIB, OMERS.
- Provide variance analysis for all operating expenses including salary, benefits, etc. comparing actual to budget and forecast on a timely basis each month.
- Administer Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) programs while ensuring appropriate paperwork is complete and follow up as necessary.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with union and the ability to interpret and ensuring compliance with collective agreements.
- Monitor service agreements with third party vendors.
- Ensure TPA pension responsibilities under the OMERS are performed and that correct reporting is supplied to both OMERS and our employees.
- Ensure TPA meets all of our employer obligations and deadlines are met including production of T4s, T4As, execution of pay runs, third party remittances, employee increments, system improvements, as well as monthly and year-end reconciliations.
- Stay up to date on provincial and federal legislation and making recommendations on how to best respond to legislative changes.
- Liaise with employees in a time manner to answer questions and explain changes.
- Process bi-weekly payroll/benefits with the ability to understand benefits and pension plans and to explain to other
- Audit bi-weekly entries & support external audit process.
- Assist with the set-up of special deduction/payment plans on behalf of employees (Canada Savings Bond, WSIB, etc.)
- Completes reports related to payroll information for internal and external purposes (vacation, sick leave, etc.)
- Reconcile the payroll register on a bi-weekly basis, as well as to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Participate in the budget/forecast/year-end audit process for providing payroll analysis and other ad hoc projects.
- Prepare calendar year-end payroll reconciliation and reporting for T-4’s, WSIB, EHT, OMERS and other payroll reporting, such as Record of Employment (ROE) as requested.
- Use and manage ADP system at a high proficiency level, troubleshoot issues.
- Assist with the processing of mass adjustments in system for collective agreements and non-union management, executive compensation (retroactive adjustments, pay increases, etc.).
- Other duties as required.
Ø The assessment for this position may include a suitability interview, written and/or practical test
As staff we all share in maintaining a safe environment for customers and visitors and a safe work environment for staff and students. This environment always promotes and exemplifies the Toronto Parking Authority’s Core Values.
Toronto Parking Authority is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (416) 393-7306
If you are seeking a challenging and exciting opportunity please outline in a resume and cover letter, full details of qualifications, education, training, and experience relevant to this position by March 24, 2017 to:
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
Interested in applying for this position?
Please send your resume to email@example.com with Payroll Specialist as the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: March 24th, 2017